RadioWaves.us - RevolutionOfLife.com

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Love is an Anchor That sets you to sail

I am realizing that, for most of my life, I have been unanchored. Sure, every once in awhile, someone or some thing, anchors me. But for the most part I drift through this life, tossing myself here and there, with no set destination.

I wonder how many others feel this way. And what, if anything anchors you. Usually what winds up anchoring me is a sense of responsibility. A knowing that I must, or should care for some one, and until the responsibility is at its end, I will continue to be anchored to whatever it is that keeps me hovering over that important mission.

There is one other factor that anchors me. Love. I've felt this a few times in this life. Love will spin my compass out of control. It's not that I ever really know where I'm going in the first place, but Love will question any supposed direction. Not so long ago, I was ready to pack up and move to Belize or back to Hawaii. Some tropical destination. No plan. No money. I'd just do it for the adventure. And Love came, like a hurricane. I was hit hard. My intention was twirled around. And you know what? I didn't care. I was changing course and I didn't even know it. Until Love threw me up on shore and left me, like a fiery red sun setting and turning my world dark. It was then, in the quiet and the blackness that I knew, without a doubt, that I was heavily anchored. Anchored to Love and it wasn't even there. Anchored, but not knowing where I was, or where I was going, or if I would even go anywhere ever again.

But I awoke to a splendorous Light. And she burst forth from every direction, even from within me. And in that moment, I knew the incredible truth. Love is an Anchor. But it sets you to sail. She will come around again. She must. Because Love itself, is within you, always.

We can be anchored and still sail. Our raft is our home. And our home is everywhere.


Dedication

For you. You have forever changed my life and my direction.

Michael Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment